Bulk storage silos made of steel are the perfect solution to store the powdered reagents like hydrated lime, activated carbon, soda ash, and many other dry chemical powders. The cylindrical shape and the conical bottom allow a complete discharge of the product when combined with a mechanical arch breaker.
Silos have a custom design regarding the local constraints related to the site (snow, wind, seismic data,…). Also to consider: the powder data (product stickiness, clogging, corrosive …) and the daily consumption.
With a volume ranging from 200 to 7,000 ft³, Sodimate helps to choose the right diameter and height of silos to comply with the technical definition of the customer.
Our steel silos are in one-piece construction, with protective linings and coatings, and ASME certification.
Their design integrates each standard and optional custom accessory.
Bulk Storage Silo Standard Equipments
Silos are supplied with standard equipment, such as:
On the roof:
- Dust filter (with pneumatic or mechanical cleaning)
- Safety PVR valve (Pressure Relief Valve)
- Safety high rotary level indicator
Along the cylinder:
- 2 high and re-order rotary level indicators
- Access ladder OSHA compliant
- Filling pipe
In the lower part:
- 60° cone
- Flange output
- Galvanized steel frame with 4 feet
Bulk Storage Silo Options
- Load cell kit to get an accurate measure of the remaining powder
- Skirt with insulation, heater and spotlights to create a room under the silo
- Electrical junction box at the ground level
- Truck fill panel with lights and level indicators
- Explosion vent on the roof
- Stairway OSHA compliant
Sodimate manages the complete solution and all interfaces with the site. Then the silos are anchored on the concrete slab realized by the customer.
Under the bulk storage silos Sodimate integrates
Having difficulties to discharge a bulk storage silo? Known issues to help you to troubleshoot your installation.