Sodimate supplies Powdered Activated Carbon (PAC) feed systems to water treatment facilities in order:
- To improve the organoleptic qualities of water by eliminating color (humic substances), taste and smell.
- To reduce non-biodegradable toxic substances (pesticides, herbicides, surfactants, hydrocarbons ….).
- To reduce some cancer-causing compounds such as Tri-Halo-Methane
- To reduce the amount of phosphate in the water and limits eutrophication (algae proliferation).
- To absorb benzene, volatile organic compounds, chlorine, along with certain heavy metals.
All the properties of powdered activated carbon are related to its high adsorption capacity and large contact surface. It is capable of adsorbing a multitude of elements on its surface, thus purifying the water. In water treatment, PAC is injected before coagulation to absorb pollution and improves the settling of flocs.